In this webinar we were welcomed by Jackie Tom and Jovanna Sinanan, Registered Early Childhood Educators, previous childcare directors and now ECE community experts at HiMama! In this “ask an expert” session, we will discussed all things back-to-school and how to prepare your center for welcoming new families. We will asked experts questions such as “How do you prepare your classrooms for new children?” and “How do you put new parents at ease on their first day?”. Join us to get all your burning questions answered and make sure your center set up for success this back-to-school season!
🎤Our Special Guests:
Jackie Tom – Registered Early Childhood Educator, HiMama
I have been a RECE for 20 years. I spent 15 of those years as a Director/Area Director. I mainly worked in the Corporate Childcare Sector and was able to help open and grow new locations in North America. I also did some Independent Childcare Consulting and opened a brand new childcare centre here in Toronto during the pandemic. I am now working in a new field as a Customer Success Manager for HiMama and very grateful that I am still able to help and support the ECE industry on a daily basis.
Jovanna Sinanan – Registered Early Childhood Educator, HiMama
Jovanna joined HiMama in December of 2021. Before HiMama, Jovanna was a Center Director at BrightPath, a large multi-center childcare organization, and has been in the ECE field for over 7 years. Jovanna is passionate about Early Childhood Education and how we, as educators, can make a difference in children’s lives. Her philosophy is to extend learning beyond the walls of a classroom. This means working and advocating for teachers and families to create an environment that stimulates and engages children based on their unique learning needs.
🧪Key Learning Outcomes from the Jackie and Jovanna!
- Start prepping as soon as possible. Get in touch with your families and collect as much info about the child as you can – likes, dislikes, ever been away from parents before, how they like to be soothed and comforted, etc.
- Prep cubbies and send out lists of things to bring in gradually before official start date. Set up gradual intake if you can.
- Give the family an opportunity to call and ask questions!
- First days are often harder for parents than it is for the children. Some parents may need a little more support and patience at drop off especially first-time parents dropping off an infant. It’s important to remind them that if their little one sees them upset or nervous they will also mirror the behaviour.
- Send regular check-ins on the first day this could be a call during nap or sending pictures and videos throughout the day. Also, remember to set the president with families that they’ll be receiving more updates than normal because it’s the first day. But going forward they will receive their updates at the end of the day or whatever works for your classroom.
🖥️ Watch Recording
To get the recording and slides sent right to your email, please fill out the form below!
⭐Connect with us!
We want to hear from you! Fill out our survey to help us improve your webinar experience. Please do not ask for certificates here, as we can not follow up with you. Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!
Professional development made easy with HiMama Academy
HiMama Academy is a new self-paced, online professional development platform designed to elevate early childhood educators through a wide range of engaging, high-quality training courses.
Click this link HERE to get unlimited access to our library of IACET certified training courses and all HiMama Helps Webinars (with certificates!)